Vegetarians lead healthy and more disease and stress free lives than any others. They are usually the ones who stay away from foods like eggs, fish, meat, chicken and seafood. Because they survive largely on foods that have a vegetable origin, vegetarians usually do not suffer from diseases like cardiovascular diseases, blood pressure and obesity. Vegetarians can be classified into different genres including:
- Lacto vegetarian
- Fruitarian vegetarian
- Living food diet vegetarian
The vegetarian way of living, to many vegetarians, is the key to healthy living. Eating green leafy vegetables, nutritious fruits and other healthy foods will keep you away from various health hazards and will strengthen your immune system. Following are some of the clinically proven benefits of being a vegetarian, which allows a person to remain fit and happy
- Lower body weight- people following vegetarian diet generally have balanced weight mechanism as compared to meat eaters who have tendency to put on more weight, mainly because they consume animal fats. Less weight allows you to enjoy a healthy and active life.
- Better cholesterol levels- vegetarian diet comprising of plant food helps in reducing the cholesterol level which otherwise can cause various heart diseases. The diet to control cholesterol levels includes green leafy vegetables, soy protein and high fibre food like oats and barley.
- Longer life- vegetarians are less prone to obesity, diabetes, cancer and other cardiovascular diseases, which increase their life expectancy by staying healthy and energetic.
- Lower risk of cancer- people following a vegetarian diet run a lower risk of developing various kinds of cancer, which is very common amongst non-vegetarians.
Avoiding animal fats is also a huge help in achieving weight loss, as is cooking healthy food like homemade vegetable soup.
Image: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1059133Tags: diet weight loss