The Spectrum Diet helps dieters to reduce weight while also reducing heart disease and other illnesses. It completely changes a person’s lifestyle from losing weight to maintaining the desired waistline. The emphasis in this diet lies on regular exercise, meditation and stress reduction practices. This plan works on an individual’s genetic, unique needs and personal preferences. Under the Spectrum Diet the trial and error with various food items allows the dieter to lead a much healthier life while attaining the desired results.
On The Spectrum Diet plan, no food comes as a restriction. Fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat dairy products, egg whites, tofu, soy milk, avocado, nuts, seeds and herb tea comprises the bouquet of recommended foods. The whole plan is divided into following groups ranging from the healthiest to the least healthy food:
- Group 1: This group consists of the healthiest food items including fruits, fresh vegetables, legumes, egg whites and whole grains.
- Group 2: This group belongs to seeds, nuts, canned vegetables, low-fat dairy and decaffeinated beverages.
- Group 3: This group is on lower end of healthy food with a list of seafood, refined carbohydrates, concentrated sweets and oils higher in saturated fats and margarine.
- Group 4: This group is a tasteful bouquet of items like high-fat animal products, pastries, cookies, mayonnaise and whole-fat dairy.
- Group 5: This is the least healthy group with all fatty products like red meat, egg yolks, fried foods, organ meats, butter, cream and hot dogs.
Everything you eat, your physical activity and emotions interacts with your genes and impacts your health and the Spectrum Diet plan works on this principle only combined with flexibility for the dieters which makes it among the favourite and effective diet options. While it is a diet that has proven to have amazing results, many may have problems with the vegetarian aspect.
Image: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/762739Tags: diet obesity weight loss