Any diet plan can work wonders only if it is followed strictly. Irregular diet routines might not lead to desired results because the actual outcome is seen after the completion of the program. Everyone likes to stay fit and away from diseases, which can be accomplished through diet, plans like The Mediterranean Diet.
The Mediterranean Diet follows a specific mechanism that could help in reducing the risk of depression. The diet is a healthy combination of plant foods, fresh fruits, beans, nuts, seeds, cereals and olive oil. You cannot consume more than four eggs per week and have to be careful while consuming red meat and wine because they are to be taken in moderate quantities. An ideal Mediterranean Diet should include:
- Fresh fruits
- Cheese and yoghurt
- 25% to 35% of calorie intake consists of fat
- 8% of saturated fats intake
- Moderate amounts of fish and poultry
The Mediterranean Diet is high in monosaturated fats and low in saturated fats, thereby reducing the risk of cancer, obesity, diabetes and other cardiovascular problems. Choosing the Mediterranean diet does not only mean selecting your own food but it is an art of avoiding saturated fats. If you want to get rid of depression and stress, you should follow Mediterranean style diets with lots of fresh fruits. Following are some of the benefits offered by this diet plan:
- It ensures a longer lifespan by reducing the risk of heart and other diseases like obesity – which is the root cause to almost every health hazard.
- It lowers the risk of obesity by eating non-fatty food with moderate amounts of wines and animal products.
- It helps you fight against chronic diseases like cancer by encouraging the use of olive oil in food preparation.
Be careful while following the Mediterranean diet because it is more like a religion that needs to be adhered to faithfully.
Image: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/556755Tags: diet health weight loss