Hollywood legend and socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor is currently still in critical condition in a Los Angeles hospital following surgery. Zsa Zsa entered Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center last week after falling at her Malibu home and injuring her hip. Doctors of the 93-year-old former pin-up fear there were complications during the surgery, and that she might have suffered a stroke.
Zsa Zsa was unresponsive after the operation on Monday, her publicist explains, saying she wasn’t talking and wasn’t really aware of what was happening around her. “It wasn’t a normal recovery, and the doctors were concerned,” John Blanchette told the Los Angeles Times.
According to her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, Zsa Zsa has not been able to swallow or consume food the past few days. Zsa Zsa reportedly received a blood transfusion on Friday, and her husband talks to her doctors every day to see whether she is making progress. Doctors are even speculating that Zsa Zsa may have suffered a stroke.
“It’s just speculation,” Prince Frederic von Anhalt told The Sun. “We have to wait a few more days to see what is going on.”
“My mother Zsa Zsa Gabor is in guarded condition, is not in a coma, is talking and is adjusting to the medications and healing process,” the Sydney Morning Herald quotes her as saying. “There are no surprises and I am with her now.”
Read about Zsa Zsa Gabor’s fall.
Images: Wikimedia Commons