Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s brother dies of a drug overdose

The Inception star’s 36-year-old brother Dan Levitt Brown died from an alleged drug overdose on Monday morning.

A neighbor told RadarOnline, ‘They ( Dan and his friends) had been partying, and we were woken up with the girl screaming.

‘”The came running out to the front garden of their apartment and some people went out to help her.

“The paramedics were called, but he was found dead surrounded by needles and syringes.

“He had been living here on and off for the past few years, and he and his friends were not very popular to tell you the truth.

“One time they set a car on fire infront of the building, and there was always groups of people coming and going from that apartment.

“I’m sorry that he died, but I’m honestly not that surprised either.”

Despite there being quite a few years between the brothers, they looked remarkably alike and were very close to each other. In an interview with the website Popeater, Dan, who was nicknamed ‘Burning Dan because he performed as a fire spinner at the Burning Man Festival, said it was wonderful to be mistaken for his brother Joseph. He went on to add: “He taught me to question the relationships other people have with their siblings because he would be my favourite person in the world even if i wasn’t lucky enough to know him as my brother.”

The 29-year-old actor tshared the tragic news on his Twitter page.

“My super hero brother @burningdan 1974-2010,” he tweeted. “Celebrate his life here ~ http://bit.ly/dBTMQ8 because he’s f***ing awesome.”

Joseph then wrote on his Website hitRECord.org, “BURNING dAN brightly embodied that bold beastly bliss sometimes referred to as ‘the creative spirit.’

“He would absolutely positively insist that we not let this bad news deter us on our collective mission.

“That said, I might not feel up to it for a little while.

“Watching this community blossom into what it has become never ceased to amaze him and me. We would regularly marvel at it and high five.

“Thank you all for that. There he is now pouring heaping hollowed watermelons full of love over each and every one of us.’

Read here about Greg Giraldo, River Phoenix and Heath Ledger who all fell victim to a drug overdose.

Images: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Syringe_reusable2.jpg, http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1664736&fbid=1558729121831&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=668492190&id=1043348063

One thought on “Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s brother dies of a drug overdose

  1. Pingback: World Wide News Flash

Comments are closed.