It’s been eight months since the shocking, upsetting and completely unexpected death of Michael Jackson. The King of Pop never woke up in the morning, and attempts to resuscitate the singer by both his personal doctor and paramedics failed. He was pronounced dead at 2.26pm Los Angeles time on June 25, 2009.
On Monday, Dr. Murray faced a judge for the first time in connection with Michael Jackson’s death. According to RadarOnline.com, Dr. Murray pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter. Bail was set at $75,000, his passport is to be handed in, and he faces restrictions in his medical practice. According to the gossip site, Dr. Murray is no longer allowed to administer intravenous sedative drugs or prescribe them (including Propofol).
For complete coverage of the occurrences in court, click here to go to LATimes.com.
Accusing fingers quickly pointed to Dr. Conrad Murray, Michael’s personal physician, after he died. It was revealed that the star, who was planning killer comeback shows in London, was taking many painkillers and sedatives. Many of these medications we’re available over the counter, and had to be prescribed by a physician. One such medication was Propofol.
Propofol, used to sedate patients, proved to be what killed Michael Jackson. Mixed into the cocktail of all other medications he was taking, the lethal injection of Propofol, administered by Dr. Conrad Murray, ended the life of the world’s largest pop superstar. Following the autopsy and toxicology results, the death was ruled a homicide.
Read our complete coverage of Michael Jackson.
Other celebrities who died of accidental overdoses include Heath Ledger and Adam ‘DJ AM’ Goldstein.
Read about celebrities and addictions.
Image: prphotos.comTags: Michael Jackson overdose