On the night from Tuesday to Wednesday, Corey Haim collapsed in front of his mother’s bed. TMZ reports his mother dialed 911 at 12:53a.m., but was pronounced dead at the hospital just over an hour later. Prescription medication was allegedly found nearby, and while Corey had been battling with flu-like symptoms over the past few days, these medications were not to fight flu symptoms.
The LAPD’s first assumption is a prescription medication overdose. His mother told authorities her son had previously battled prescription medication addictions, and had been in and out of rehab.
Corey’s fall from grace was well known and documented over the years. After being a teen heartthrob in the 1980s, the 1990s saw him find difficulty in finding good acting jobs as he was making news for his bad behavior and addictions.
Corey had moved in to live with his mother while she was battling breast cancer. “I am a cancer victim and Corey was helping me at home,” his mother, Judy, told RadarOnline. “He was a good boy. I’m devastated by his death.”
Claims the actor could have died from a possible overdose have angered friends and family, who have told the media Corey had been clean for a while, and had his life back on track.
“People need to stop,” his best friend and former co-star in numerous movies Corey Feldman told Larry King. “They need to stop jumping the gun. They need to stop saying it’s a drug overdose.”
Images: PR Photos.comTags: addiction death overdose