Sick Celebrities

Celebrities

Brad Renfro falls victim to accidental overdose

david

American actor Brad Renfro was found dead on January 15, 2008. The cause of his death remained a mystery until the autopsy reports were released. However, while considering the probable causes, drug overdose was not ruled out as Renfro had suffered from drug abuse. Talking about Brad’s sudden death, Chief Investigator for the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office Craig Harvey is quote by PEOPLE as saying: “Drug overdose is a possibility considering his history, but right now all we have is the history of his drinking the previous night”.

The Los Angeles County Coroner’s office later issued a statement saying that the death was inadvertent “The final manner of death has been ruled an accident”,  and was attributed to acute heroin/morphine intoxication.

His untimely death brought a wave of shock and despair. Brad, who won Hollywood Reporter’s Young Star award in 1995 an was voted as one of the Top 30 Under 30 by People magazine, was just launching a stellar Hollywood career. Marco Weber, President of Senator Entertainment said in a statement, as reported by the Hollywood Reporter: “Brad was an exceptionally talented young actor, and our time spent with him was thoroughly enjoyable, and he became a true friend to us all. Our thoughts and condolences go out to his family and to all who knew him closely as the giving, warmhearted young man he was.”

Brad Renfro was an American actor whose talent remained ignored until he made his debut in 1994 in ‘The Client’, a movie based on a John Grisham best seller. The film was a smash hit and brought him a lot of fame. The actor was also acclaimed for his work in ‘Apt Pupil’, ‘Tom and Huck’ and ‘Deuces Wild’.

Other celebrities who died of accidental overdoses include Heath Ledger, Brittany Murphy, River Phoenix and Adam Goldstein.

Image: PR Photos

Tags:
Back to top